OrchLab is a collaboration between the London Philharmonic Orchestra and Drake Music, offering creative music workshops in Leonard Cheshire Disability centres throughout the London area as well as a wider community engagement programme.
The website provides a clean, easy to use interface for discovering shared learning resources from the project.
An important part of the project is the online platform that provides a way for project participants and staff to learn about the project and share their work, including lesson plans, activities and video content.
Artefacto worked closely with the project partners to develop a private collaboration platform that prioritises the easy sharing of OrchLab content via an ‘activity stream’ that supports multimedia content (including video and audio) and easy content creation. Members can share and comment, like posts, and join groups. Group owners can invite new users and manage access to their group, while site administrators can manage the wider site settings.
Some key features of the platform include:
- Responsive web design that is fully functional on all devices
- Supports the uploading and playback of video and audio files in different formats.
- Easily embed videos from youTube and Vimeo by pasting in the URL
- Modular permissions and access management to organise content into groups for the different Centres involved in the project
- Interactive learning resources, including Orchestra map and online music sampler/instrument.
In addition, the public-facing aspect of the site engages wider stakeholders and shares the aims and outcomes of the project as well as the learning resources.